Beech Cottage
Beech Cottage in 1915
Beech Croft from the sale catalogue of 1915, where it is described as an Exceedingly Compact Freehold Small-holding” - the excellent garden is clearly visible in the picture. The house dates from the early 1700s as it has a stone with the inscription R.C.1719. In the Tithe record of 1847 it is described as two cottages, and the Census echoes this. Beech Croft is easy to pick out in the Census as it follows Hodges Farm in the order of visitation. The name change to Beech Cottage is fairly recent.