Blunden’s Farm in Upper Froyle appears in the Church Register from 1737. In 1765, Adam Blunden was an Overseer of the Poor, and later Churchwarden with Robert Yalden of Isnage. The farmhouse is much older than this, and was built in the 15th, or possibly the 14th Century. Part of the land of the present Blunden’s Farm was Froyle Common Land, with the present Coombefield, Blunden’s Cottage and the Post Office Cottage as small-holdings. There were Blundens in Froyle as late as 1869.
(click on the pictures to enlarge them)