|Park Edge was built on the site of
Heath’s Farm. As can be seen from this photograph, from a postcard
postmarked September 26th 1912, it is virtually opposite the
Post Office, and just down the road from the old School.
Tom Knight wrote in 1956.....
A house, called Froyle Park, owned
by the Moody's, descendants of the Drapers, stood opposite the present
school. The walled premises, now occupied by the school and schoolhouse,
formed the kitchen garden for this house. Fern Cottage and Heath's
Farm, (where Park Edge now stands), were small-holdings, with a Blacksmith’s Shop and a large
barn at the back. When Park Edge was built, this barn was pulled down,
re-built at Blunden’s Farm, and is still in use. It was originally
thatched, but is now tiled.